You could be achieving more with the Young Leaders' Scheme
The Young Leaders' Scheme is just one of the exciting programme elements in the Explorer Scout section. All leaders in the Beaver Scout, Cub Scout and Scout Section who are between the ages of 14 and 18 must be members of a Young Leaders Unit. They are Explorer Scouts who choose to devote a large proportion of their time in Scouting to service in another section.
The Young Leaders' Scheme helps Explorer Scouts to develop and grow as individuals. It allows them to make a valuable contribution to their community and give service to others. The scheme also helps them fulfil the service elements of their awards.
There is lots of information about the scheme on the national website.
The factsheets below will help Sectional Leaders to understand the concepts behind the Scheme and its benefits for you and their Section.
· FS155059 - Young Leaders - Information for Beaver Scout Leaders
· FS170059 - Young Leaders - Information for Cub Scout Leaders
· FS315092 - Young Leaders - Information for Scout Leaders
· FS155060 - Working with Young Leaders in your Colony
· FS170060 - Working with Young Leaders in your Pack
· FS315093 - Working with Young Leaders in your Troop